Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Un-Fair Fairness and San Diego

Well as I have been posting happily about for weeks me and the boys went down to San Diego to visit my mom. We rented a car (cha-ching) and drove down to San Diego Weds night. Mom was excited to see us and oooed and cooed over Eli, all of which I expected. I had warned her that on Thursday I was going to try and visit my best friend Vitaly, Friday I was having dinner with Julie and that Saturday I was going to try and see Michalene. She was pre-warned. Some how I thought this would help.
Thursday we got up and ran a few errands to let Randy sleep in a bit. When we came home we loaded up to head out to the fair. I was doing the inner hokie pokie....I LOVE THE FAIR. I love the rides, I love the foods, the vendors....I LOVE THE FAIR. We get in and run about looking for food which we find and then we decide to walk the vendor halls. In my mind I am thinking "ridesridesridesrides" but trying to be cool and amicable to all invovled we walked the crap for sale. (Yes I bought a few things...I am human after all) Then we leave the halls (rides?) and walk around for more food. After food part 2 we walked around the ride/game area (yes ms. diabetic you can go into the candy store but you get NOTHING) So we walked around more, bought the desert type snacks and left. Did you read all that? NO RIDES FOR DAWN.

We get home and although I was tired I still wanted to see Alik but Mommy-dearest didn't think we should go out when wehad been out all day. NO BURNERS FOR DAWN.

Friday we go to breakfast and to Ikea. I txt Julie and we were making plans when my mom went weepy nutto "it's almost time for you to leave, do you have to take the baby?" So NO VISIT WITH OLD FRIENDS FOR DAWN,

Saturday Michalene let me know that she wa having tummy trouble, so I assumed the plans were canceled. We went to the Swap Meet (got cute shoes) Later on got word that we could have gone over and said hello. If we had mom mom would have gone nutters. So AGAIN I stayed. NO FRIENDS FOR DAWN

Sunday she and I ran some errands and then went to the cemetary to say hello to my grandpa. I had never gone to the grave since the ceremonie there. I just wanted 5 minutes. She gave them to me but as I went back to the car she attacked hugged me and sobbed all about her missing him. Here I was in tears and grief and she didn't even ask me how I was.

Then we went back to the house packed and went to see my Wendy and Bob. Dan was there and that was the only happy moment of my trip.

Overall, I could have had a V-8
hugs
daw

2 comments:

  1. Ok, that flipping sucks. I am so sorry!!! We love you! Does that help?? LOL I know it can NOT make up for Fair rides and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does help, I'm just suck in a funk. *bleh* How much longer til August? love ya

    ReplyDelete