Monday, June 1, 2009

Bagels, Bananas, and Babies

Ahh I haven't blogged in too long, but as few people read this I doubt it was missed! Thanks to friends wanting to hang out I actually got the house clean Thursday so this weekend we were able to relax quite a bit on Saturday, just some laundry to contend with. Sunday on the other hand...we got busy!

Sunday morning we met up with a friend of mine from high school. Thanks to the joy of Facebook I found a survivor of Serra Senior High here in Vegas! She and I were in drama together and we bonded over both being adopted. (Our "moms" stormed into a drama rehearsal at midnight once and hollered at our teacher....good times!) So we met up for a brunch of bagels and memories. She brought her 9 year old daughter Sabrina and we spent a few hours catching up and talking about where we are now with our lives. It was so nice to meet up with someone who "knew me then" and could see how far I had come. Plus I had always really liked her, a rare thing for someone from high school...LOL. Her daughter is a gem too.


After brunch we headed off to our "burner" friend Tiya's sons 1st birthday. It was a pool party over at some old friends house and it was a lot of fun. I was surprised as I wasn't always a welcome addition to the Las Vegas burner events (I stole Randy away, hehe) but time has passed and we're all friendly now. There were 4 babies under 3 and it was so fun to watch them play in the pool. Eli loved the water and was in off and on for over 4 hours! Plus it was everyones favorite game "pass the baby!" Eli loved the attention, he is such a trooper. By the end of the day Eli was still ready to party (there was MANY cute girls to flirt with and that kid can flirt) but Randy and I were dead on our feet. On the drive home, idiot me reached into the back seat and whacked out my neck...way to end a great day.

Today was a lay around and recover sort of day. Eli went to bed last night around 11 and slept til 5:30am without a sound, then he stirred a bit, drank a little bottle, got a diaper change and crashed back out until 8. When he awoke then he drained a bottle and went back out til 10. Most of the rest of the day was a mix of giggles and cuddles and sleep (at least for him....for me it was wincing and reaching for the heating pad) When Randy came home we tried out some baby food bananas and Eli seemed to love them. He got about 1/2 a teaspoon in and smiled through the whole experience, although I did get the look of "why you been holding out on me mommy?" He's going to eat us out of house and home. I thought the 3 "B's" stood for B.inky-B.ottle-B.utt but methinks I am wrong and they stand for B.abes-B.eer-B.acon. What can I say, he's advanced. :)

Well thats the news from here, exciting no? Aren't you glad you logged in? Eli sends kisses and spit bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment