Wednesday, February 24, 2010

525,600 minutes....

How do you measure a year? Lyrics from one of my favorite songs, Seasons of Love, from my favorite musical..Rent. It's amazing that a year has almost passed in my little man's life. Where did the time go? I still remember in blazing technicolor the moment I felt him stir inside me, the moment I heard him cry for the first time, the moment I saw my husband hold his boy, the moment I got to hold him...And now I look at him standing tall in his playpen and I'm awed. Those tiny fingers and toes are growing and that baby softness is growing thin in his cheeks. Being home I've been so lucky to see each precious moment and I know each second is a gift. How I wish that everyone who loves him could be close so they could kiss those cheeks everyday!! He loves you all so much!

On Sunday the 7th we'll be celebrating his 1st trip around the sun and are lucky that our friends will be here to join us. I know I will have moments of sadness as I remember the past but with my new lease on happiness I'm charging forward into this new phase with an energy I've never had. Thank you to everyone who loves our little family and supports us so very much. We're very lucky and we know it. I promise to take lots of pictures and videos, especially when Eli gets his cake. It should be a riot. We love you all!!!!!!!!

Love and Spit Bubbles,
Dawn and Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment