Friday, February 19, 2010

A picture is worth a thousand words

So yesterday after my blogging I went back to facebook and scrolled through my "news" and "poof" noticed a picture of a friend sitting at Margaritaville here in Vegas. It had just posted and for some reason I quickly found her number and sent out a text...."Are you still here?" And by damned if my phone didn't ring a few minutes later...yes! My Pam was still here. Have you ever been blessed to meet someone who is just a *pure* soul? A person who can so quickly go from stranger to friend to family? This is my Pam. I met her while mentoring at Curves and I was lucky to sign both her and her MIL that day and get to work out with them the next. When I was offered the job to stay, honestly Pam was a factor...she made me laugh. She smart and funny, irreverent and honest, smart-assed and sweet. I would plan my days workout around her arrival and I usually laughed more than worked out. When I left Curves it pained me to leave all my "girls" but she pained me more than others. Last year I got an invite from her to join a (not gone) social networking site and was so pleased to update her of my new life in Vegas and the little man about to join my reality. When FB became the rage we met again there and yes I caught her on my turf....

So I grabbed the kiddo and jumped in the shower and drug poor Randy out to the strip. After a few minutes of wandering I found Pam exactly where she said she'd be...a rarity in Vegas. After finding a place where we could sit and talk that allowed Eli (darn if they won't believe he's a 21 year old midget LOL) I shanghaied her for nearly 4 hours...leaving only when I knew I couldn't delay it anymore. Just sitting there shook something loose that needed a shaking. Randy very poetically said when we came home that she was like an ivy plant of pure joy and that he could see me opening up and allowing the tendrils in replacing the dark ones I've been trying to shake. This beautiful woman, just simply by being her, redirected the light in me. She made me cry when she saw that finally I was starting to love me just a little bit. And having someone from my past meet my future and say "He's perfect" is always a nice confirmation of what I already know...that Randy (the purest soul I know) is my soul's perfect mate. When we parted she thanked me...apparently this little Fraggle can still people up too. I'm not sure if I told her thank you in return but I hope this blog serves as a public thank you!

Then as I tried to sleep last night the MP3 player played a song I had never heard but was so *perfect* for how I feel. Even if you are not a fan, Pink's "Glitter in the Air" is quite possibly one of my favorite songs now.

Love and Spit bubbles,
Dawn and Eli

Ps: Here's a link to a beautiful video someone made to the song...it's terribly lovely http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TTKlJ3H4PQ)

No comments:

Post a Comment