Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A postcard would have been fine..

So since we are skipping the Burn this year when I heard that a few of Randy's friends were heading out to the event held on the 4th of July in the same location by most of the same people I (not so gently) encouraged him to go. After all, for the last 2 years his life has been focused on me and the baby, the man NEEDED a vacation. So after (well...) telling him to go and getting another wife in on the action and getting her to tell her husband to go...We happily packed our husbands off for a weekend of debauchary sans wife and kids. (We decided to have an estrogen fest at her house...fun was had by all, more on that later)

The men were supposed to be gone til Monday but due to an unexpected plumbing problem at camper #3's house they came home Sunday. So we crashed out at our friends house Sunday night and returned to normal business at home Monday. All was well until Wednesday when I was attempting to clean and noticed I sat on something sharp and painful while trying to gather up Randy's camping clothing. I didn't think much of it until the next morning when the benadryl I was taking wore off. My right butt cheek was swollen to Jennifer Lopez proportions, bright red and hot enough to fry an egg on (temp...not looks trust me.) Turns out where the men had camped was infested with flying stinging pests and my love had brought home one of their stingers. Have I mentioned I stop breathing when things bite or sting me? If this little bastard hadn't already gotten Randy (or died trying ) or I hadn't been taking benadryl that night I probably would not be here to blog. I got all the symptoms of anaphalaxsis except the death part. I didn't use my EpiPen but probably should have....

Now a week later the swelling has started to abate and I can almost sit on my butt without screaming. This is why I don't camp....or clean for that matter! lol *bleh*

love and spit bubbles
Dawn and Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment