Thursday, July 2, 2009

Life lessons from a shortish baldish man with big ears...

No not Ross Perot...my kiddo. Today in a rush after my shower I skipped his normal 20-30 minute wake up routine of cuddles, tickles, kisses and songs. I picked him up, stripped him of his diaper jumped in the tub with him, washed his stinky butt, jumped out, dried, lotioned and dressed him. It was my "introduction to grown-up's 101" if you will. He was NOT impressed. He looked at me like I was an alien. Then I realized that perhaps that is why we as grown-ups are so darn grumpy. If we had someone to gently snuggle us awake, sing us silly songs, tell us they loved us, kiss our tummies, and lull us gently into our day PERHAPS we wouldn't want to kill the 1st (or 2nd-100th) person we see in the morning. Perhaps Starbucks would fall into ruin! Dear Gods....perhaps people would SMILE!!!! EEK! Anything but that.....

Realizing my error, and that I had the potential for a grumpy/teething baby I quickly resumed snuggle-cuddle-sing-feed-play-kiss-love time and I am happy to say, the Eli is happy. And when Eli is happy, even a grumpy mommy is happy. Isn't it great when you learn from someone who is only 116 days old and has only recently discovered he has feet?!?!

Love you all and happy 4th
Dawn and Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment