Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A natural high..

I always wondered what that was...until today.
I had the little man on the bed with me and he was eating his "post-lunch-pre-dinner snack" and for no apparent reason (at least to mommy) he started to cry. Not knowing *exactly* what to do...he was dry, full and not in any physical pain I could see, I did all I could instinctually. I gathered him into my arms and snuggled him under my blanket (yes mommy has her lovie too) as he calmed down he tucked his little head onto my shoulder and met my eyes. Those little blue eyes where so full of trust and love. He looked at me like "How do you do it? You always seem to know what I want and need." And as I stared at my snuggly infant son he smiled at me and I knew that he KNEW mommy would always be there. Thats what that whole "natural high" thing is. So I got the great joy of cuddling my boy as he fell asleep, listening to him sigh and coo as he got more comfy in my arms, safe and secure knowing his mommy was there. I think I spent his entire nap staring at him, kissing his head and whispering to him that he was right in believeing....right in knowing that his mommy would always love him, always cuddle him and ALWAYS be there. How as a woman, as a wife, as a human did I get so darn lucky?

Love and spit bubbles
Dawn and Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment