Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Growth...

Well I'm amazed...I have fodder for 2 posts in one day....go fig

Eli went to his 2 month checkup today and has gained 5 pounds since birth. Well actually he was 7.1 when he was born but 6.6 when we brought him home...so more like 5.5lbs. He is now 12 pounds and 23 inches long. He gained 2 pounds and .5in since his last appointment 2 weeks ago. What everyone says is true, they grow up so fast.

They let me hold him while he got his shots. 1 oral vaccine and 2 shots. He was looking right into my eyes when she stuck him the first time and the look of pain and shock was almost too much for me. The second shot pissed him off and man did he cry. The nurse left then and Randy and I cuddled him til he was happy and almost smiling again. Now we have to massage the area and he doesn't appreciate that! I'm going to have to wake him soon and run his leg and give him a little tylenol because he is running a fever. Good news is that we don't have to go back for 2 months. Heck even I haven't had 2 months without a Dr.s appointment...

Speaking of which I have to see my GP tomorrow. Hopefully he will continue to address my headaches and also look into my stomach issues as my neurology appt isn't for another 2 weeks and my GI doc is out of town for at least 2 weeks too. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment