Friday, May 15, 2009

Family

New weekend coming so a new blog...

Wow it's taken awhile for me to come up with something to say here in Doozer's world. We are both really excited as my adopted mom (Wendy) and her husband (Bob) are coming into Vegas this weekend to see Eli. Usually Wendy is headed back east by now so I was worried she wouldn't get to meet her grandson for a long time but she surprised me when I called last week by saying they were coming out now. For those who don't know the back story...Wendy is the mother of my best friend Daniel (whom I usually refer to as my brother) When my mom started having problems with drugs Wendy took me in. That only lasted a few months before I was shipped off to Colorado to my grandbeast's house. After 2 years I called Wendy begging to come home. Despite having little money and working 3 jobs to support just her and Dan...she let me come home and made sure I finished high school. Since then I have lived with them off and on. Wendy is as different as my mom as can be...mom is tattoos, beer and pizza...Wendy is diamonds, champagne and lobster. If you know me at all you can see how they both have shaped who I am today. So I am very excited to have her and her husband come out. Bob is Wendy's 3rd or 4th husband...but they have been friends forever. He proposed every year on her birthday and she said no. Finally he stopped asking, then about 10 years ago she asked him. When they married Bob accepted me as his own. We named the baby both for Randy's uncle and for Bob. He was the man who showed me what a real husband is like. I love them both...a lot!

Mother's Day was nice but I certainly got the shock of my life when I checked my voicemail and had a message from Randy's mom! (I met his step-mom a few weeks ago) We had sent her a letter but being the dunce I am I switched the box # with the zipcode...so the letter came back. I called her back and we had a lovely conversation. I'm really lucky to have married into such a great family. She seemed really excited to be a grandma and I promised to e-mail her pictures right away (which I did...just hope I got the e-mail address right....damn dsylexia) When I was growing up I always wanted a big extended family with brothers/sisters, aunts/uncles, and grandparents that weren't spawned from hell. I have 2 uncles (but one has joined the ranks of hell-spawn lately) and my grandfather died almost 4 years ago. I am so happy Eli will have what I never did. 6 grandma's claim him, 2 grandpa's, 1 biological Aunt and Uncle, 1 adopted Uncle and Aunt, 1 addopted Aunt and nephew and lots of "chosen" family who call him their own. He's probably going to think Auntie and Uncle are people's 1st names for awhile, lol. With a big family comes the opportunity to be hurt big but I have to open my heart and risk being hurt. Scary!

My health is once again making me nervous. I wish my darn GI doctor wasn't on vacation this week as I need to talk to him. I was advised to go to the ER with my newest concern but as long as it doesn't get any worse I am going to try and hold off. I'm a little weak and tired from it but I can manage ok. Eli is a pretty chill kid. Next week will be a flurry of doctor activity...interventional pain doctor on thursday, neurologist friday and GI on friday. Funfunfun for me huh?

The infantile overlord has awoken...that's all for now!

ps: I promise new pictures of the kiddo soon! Randy just found our camera ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment